Author: Paul Kraus
To: ClamAV users ML
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] My outdated Clam.
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Steve Kirkby <> wrote:
> Shawn Bakhtiar said:
>
> "It's [Clam] not just good, it's great ".
>
> I am sure it is. But it is only for highly technically competent people. (And there is nothing wrong in that.)

I disagree with that assertion. ClamAV in it's source form is for
any moderately competent Unix / Linux System Administrator. You do not
have to be "highly technically competent" to be a good Sys Admin, you
need to know some command line basics and be able to follow
instructions.

I agree that ClamAV in it's source form is NOT for the typical end
user, especially an end user who is not comfortable with the command
line user interface.

--
Paul Kraus