Author: Pierre Dehaen
To: clamav-users
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Compiling and installing from an NFS mount
Hmm, my script is a bit more complex as it:
- unzip & untar
- configure
- make && make check
- backs up the current clamav directory (who knows...)
- backs up the configuration files
- disable the clamav service (I'm running on Solaris)
- make uninstall (from the previous build directory)
- make install
- mkdir, chown, chmod the service method and manifest subdirectories under the prefix
directory (which is /opt/clamav here)
- touches /opt/clamav/etc/clamd if needed
- copies the manifest if needed
- imports the manifest to create the service if needed
- compares the old revision freshclam.conf.orig and freshclam.conf to reapply (patch) the
same changes to the current freshclam.conf
- does the same for clamd.conf
- checks if my own signatures have not disappeared
- enables the service and checks if it starts smoothly.

It's maybe overkill here and there but, for instance, I don't want to reconfigure manually
clamav and freshclam from the default files, and I don't want to keep the old configuration
files that may miss new settings. If you have any advise, please share !

Thank you
Regards,
Pierre