Autor: Brian Morrison
Para: clamav-users
Assunto: Re: [Clamav-users] WARNING: Invalid DNS reply. Falling back to HTTP mode.
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:50:46 -0800 in

wrote:

> DNS problem with freshclam.
> I've read all the posts I can find to fix this, but nothing works.
>
> I normally run DNS on my box, so I thought that was the problem.
> I disabled it and set resolv.conf to look at external DNS, with same
> results.
>
> I can "host" and "dig" the mirrors.

And that's because they don't call the resolver library.

Do you by any chance have nscd installed and running? I had various
problems of this nature (intermittent of course) and eventually
discovered that nscd was the root cause of them all. Stop it, and
ensure that chkconfig is used to stop it starting in all runlevels.

Otherwise, I don't know for sure. Sorry.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html